Sorry to say the release is pushed back… again. This is two deadlines now I’ve slipped. I’m sorry, but here’s why:
- I headed out to San Francisco to the VR Developer’s Conference! Had a great time, met some wonderful people, listened to a lot of talks, and learned a lot. In particular I was astonished at the Viveport VR Arcades that are rolling out in Asia right now. We need them here!
- I decided to stay a few extra days to attend the AT&T VR Hack-a-Thon, also in San Francisco. I teamed up with my friends Mike and Sky, and together we made a pretty cool demo. Check it out: Innovation Education VR Tool Demo – The demo was for an educational assessment tool in VR – kind of a test to gauge creativity in the future job market to come. Sadly, we did not win. I think we were penalized for our choice of platform (Unity development with Vive) when everyone else was working with mobile phones and gear VR’s and such. The winners did a cool hack that let two gear users share the same space with Gopro cameras taped to the ceiling. They certainly deserved the win. But our product was vastly superior than the runners up. It seemed like the focus was more on AR than VR. Still, a good experience.
- I couldn’t get a flight back before election day, they were all way too expensive.
- Election day was a national tragedy. I did not sleep that night, or for several nights afterward. I was totally freaked out by the whole thing. Could. Not. Believe it. It’s still weird thinking about it. Anyway, yeah, not much got done at Outlier Labs that week. I spent a lot of time cleaning, packing, donating or selling old possessions I didn’t need. Out of instinct, I think. I think I might be getting ready to get out of the US again. Last time was just practice I think. Anyway, expect the housing market to heat up next spring when Me and a million other people start putting their houses on the market.
- Elite Dangerous 2.2 came out and I am making fantastic amounts of credits running passenger missions at the edge of Imperial space. This eats so much of my time, but it’s a fantastic game!
- Actual work on the project is taking longer than I anticipated. I have a dozen tweaks and features I haven’t implemented yet, and I am still getting the audio mixed and imported. Thankfully we are about done recording, so that’s good. I think one more sprint will get me to the finish line.
Thank you all for your interest and support.